We are thrilled that you’ll be a part of AgileAus21!
+61 3 9663 3093 | firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries about AgileAus21 and your participation, or if you are not unsure about any of the information on this page, please feel free to contact us!
AgileAus21 Key Dates
9:00am – 5:30pm
(Complimentary for speakers)
Sydney venue TBC
Speaker details - about you!
- A high res headshot (approx 3.5mb)
- A brief biography
- Your suggested talk title and a brief overview of your topic (undercooked is fine!)
Promoting AgileAus21 - spreading the word!
Key Speaker Dates
- All speaker topics go live
- Please let Adina know via email to email@example.com to lock in a 30 minute practice run (Squid Tank*) via Zoom
- Wednesday 27 October @ 2-4pm: Squid tank 2
- Thursday 28 October @ 4-6pm: Squid tank 3
*More dates coming soon
- We will introduce you to a Program Guide (friendly member of the AgileAus community) who will ‘buddy’ with you to develop your talk so it has the best chance to resonate with the audience
Second week of November 2021
- Full Conference program to go live
- Program Guides and speakers to confirm they’re happy for their talks to go ahead in writing
Monday 29 November 2021
- Please send at least a draft of your presentation slides so we can test them
Let us know if you require help with making your presentation slides fantastic!
- Please advise if you do not wish media to record your presentation
Please also advise if you do not wish to have your presentation slides loaded onto the Conference website
- Please send your mobile number to firstname.lastname@example.org and ETA to the Conference (if you are not attending the whole time)
Preparing for your session
Speakers and program guides are expected to:
- Have a genuine and serious intent to present the best possible session at AgileAus21
- Be ready to give, receive, accept and act on feedback
- Be honest and forthright in discussions
- Engage in a timely manner.
Program Guides will be allocated to you, if you have not got one or have any questions about your guide please let us know.
Keynote and invited speakers are welcome to request the help of a Program Guide if preferred.
Who will be in the audience?
To give you an idea of who’ll be attending, these were the five most common job titles of attendees at AgileAus19:
- Coaches – Agile, Delivery; Scrum Master; Consultant
- Architect /Software Developer / Engineer / Technical Lead
- Project / Iteration / Program Manager
- Business Analyst
Sending your presentation slides - detailed
Please send any slides you will be using for your Conference presentation to Slatterys by COB Monday 29 November 2021 via this dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/request/I3v7eazyXbjLoiii691d
A PDF version of speaker presentation slides will be made accessible to all Conference attendees post-Conference via a private link. Please advise us in writing prior to the Conference if you do not give permission for your slides to be made available.
You will receive an email from Dropbox (email@example.com) confirming your files were uploaded.
**Please note: The screen ratio is 16:9**
- Please make sure your first name and last name is in the filename:
- eg: agileaus-2021-Firstname-Lastname.pptx
- Append any versions (V1, V2, etc – the higher the number, the more recent it is) or date your files (YYMMDD) at the end
- eg: agileaus-2021-Adina-Thavisin-V3.key
- eg: agileaus-2021-Joan-Smith-200520.ppt
- It is preferred that your files are 150MB or less if possible (or otherwise zipped)
- Please package (compress/zip) any fonts, videos, notes, instructions and upload them
- Please load your preferred PDF version of your slides so we can send it out to attendees (post-event). You can also email us an external link to your slides (eg: slideshare)
If you are using videos in your presentation, we will not accept online video platforms such as YouTube, Vimeo, etc. Please make sure videos are embedded in MP4 or equivalent format and saved as a separate file for backup.
If you have specific AV requirements, such as sound, internet connection (eg: Google Slides), etc, please advise Slatterys ASAP.
Please note: we do not recommend that you live stream your talk. You may, however, use audio and video recorders to record your Conference presentation. Any material recorded by AgileAus will, of course, be sent to the speaker for confirmation and authorisation before publishing.
Join the AgileAus Slack channel
We welcome all questions and conversations! Please feel free to join the Slack channel through this link here.
How long am I speaking for?
Unless you are keynoting or you have agreed on a different format with organisers (e.g 20 mins or a 5 minute lightning talk), your session slot is a total of 40 minutes long, including Q&A. A friendly Slatterys staff member will indicate when you have FIVE minutes remaining, TWO minutes remaining, and when you must conclude immediately. It is not possible to run over-time due to the Conference’s tight schedule.
An MC will introduce you at the beginning of your presentation and thank you at the end. Your full biography will be included in the program booklet. Please do not spend any of your presentation time introducing yourself.
If you have time for Q&A, your MC will facilitate questions for you from the lectern.
AV and Media
Audio Visual Information
At AgileAus21, you will be presenting on a stage which has a lectern and one projection screen behind you that is viewable to the audience – displaying your slides. All presentations will run from laptops at the back of the room (or AV desk) and you will have a clicker (remote mouse) to move through your slides from the stage.
Please note that at the lectern you will not be able to see your presentation notes. If you really need to see them while presenting please let us know prior to the Conference!
We would like you to be mic’d up before your talk. This will need to happen at the back of the room at the AV desk during the break prior to your talk. As introductions will be very short it is important that you are ready to go as soon as the speaker in front of you wraps up. Please be ready to take the stage at least five minutes before your presentation starts, to ensure a smooth transition between speakers.
If you are speaking with someone else we will ensure that you will both have lapels and one clicker between you both.
If you have specific AV requirements, such as sound, internet connection, etc, please advise Slatterys ASAP.
Testing your slides on the day
Media at AgileAus21
Sharing your slides
Photos at AgileAus21
Photos captured during the Conference will be loaded to Flickr and sent to you post Conference.
Agile Australia is a national Agile Conference held annually since 2009. Supported by the Agile Alliance and a passionate community of Agilists. You can find out more about the Conference here.
Agile Australia 21 will pivot on the theme of What Matters Most!
Past examples of AgileAus talks are available for viewing here.